Room's price starting at (€):
Additional fee for pets:
Ballydevitt, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Pets are allowed in:
Other communal areas
lnfo for Pets
Dog beds and water bowls are not provided.
Ballydevitt Retreat is a 3 bedroom holiday home located 1.5km from The Diamond in the heart of historic Donegal Town. This comfortable self-catering accommodation is an ideal base to explore the beautiful landscape and coastline of South West Donegal.
The holiday home is located in a quiet residential area and has a large enclosed lawn and patio area. It has 3 bedrooms to sleep 5 comfortably along with a bathroom with bath and shower. The cosy living room has a wood burning stove. There is a fully equipped kitchen and utility room. The holiday home has Pay-as-you-go WiFi
From the front door, it is a short drive or leisurely walk into the centre of Donegal Town. Donegal Town is one of 5 designated Heritage Towns in the county and is steeped in history. The perfect symbol of this history is the iconic Donegal Castle on the banks of the River Eske. Major restoration in the 1990s has made it an atmospheric place to visit; rooms are furnished with French tapestries and Persian rugs.
Donegal Town is also a vibrant tourist centre with a great selection of hotels, shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants. The renowned Magee of Donegal shop on the Diamond is well worth a visit. On the outskirts of the town is the quaint Donegal Craft Village. The workshops in this village are leased to professional artists and crafts people. You can meet the artists and watch them working with glass, bronze, textiles, wood, paint and precious metals. Visitors have an ideal opportunity to purchase unique Irish craft and design; one-off pieces that are simply not available anywhere else.
Donegal Town is a great base to explore South West Donegal – from the surfing hotspots of Bundoran and Rossnowlagh to the dramatic sea cliffs at Slieve League. To the north is the majestic Bluestack Mountains which provide wonderful hillwalking terrain. There are superb beaches nearby at Murvagh and Rossnowlagh. The Donegal Golf Club at Murvagh is one of the finest links courses in the country.
• Take a trip on Donegal Bay onboard the Waterbus
• Play golf at the Donegal Golf Club, Murvagh (15km)
• Go Surfing at Rossnowlagh (20km) – there are several surf schools based here
• Go Walking - Many well-signed walks can be enjoyed in the nearby Bluestack Mountains.
• Horse-Riding - There are several horse-riding and trekking establishments in the area where you can enjoy an afternoon on horseback, riding through some of Ireland's most beautiful scenery.
• Cycling - South Donegal abounds with small, winding roads which offer spectacular views around every corner and are ideal for cycling.
• Within an hours drive of the holiday home, there are numerous top class tourist attractions including Glenveagh National Park, The Glencolmcille Folk Village, The Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, the Marble Arch Caves in Fermanagh and Slieve League in South West Donegal - the highest sea cliffs in Europe.